(RWD/ FWD/ AWD) - bmw 325ix vs xi, WRX

OK, sorry, I can't resist any longer...

I have a bmw 325iX (AWD)... they were made 88 - 91.  Wonderful car, good
ones can be bought for $5k.  The *new* 325Xi and 330Xi started in 2001 I
think (actually the 330Xi could be 2000).  The older iX drivetrain is
superior imho since it's got 3 mechanical limited slip diffs, the new Xi
uses the ABS system.   While parts aren't old-Honda-cheap, the iX is not
that expensive to maintain if you do your own work (I would guess on par
with 164, definitely cheaper than P-cars) and nothing is overly complicated
or hard to get to.

Too bad the WRX is ugly.  Reminds me of a Neon on bad drugs.

dan in kc,
89 spider & other cars