Alfa Still FWD

Hi

>>On another note it's also a shame that Alfa's will continue to be front
wheel drive. This would prevent me from buying one. (argue the merits of
front wheel drive all you'd like- they still suck)<<

I suspect that Alfa's will stay FWD. I doubt that half the buyers of new
cars even know the difference between fwd and rwd, and most of those
who do will see rwd as a liability. Certainly in the UK fwd was sold as
a safety feature, while rwd BMWs used to regularly disappear backwards
into the scenery. Just about the only front engine rwd car on sale in
Europe (outside BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar) is the GM Omega,
and that is unlikely to stay that way for ever.

BMW have played with fwd (indeed the new Mini is a BMW and is fwd),
as have Mercedes, Audi are 90% fwd and Jaguar have just lauched
the fwd version of the X type. Why should Alfa spend vast amounts
extra on developing a rwd chassis, have no ability to get any component
sharing with other group products, all to be ignored by most buyers,
while loosing more customers than they could gain.

All the best

Keith