Subaru WRX

I'll make my opinion on the WRX.  Test drove a 5-speed WRX
back to back with an automatic 325i.  Sorry folks, but even
with auto, the BMW was *much* more fun to drive.. and that is
saying a lot, given I hate (make that HATE) automatics..
and am not a huge fan of the 325 4-door..

Aesthetics aside (I could handle the WRX much better if it
wasn't for the Hyundai-ish front), the car just had very little
personality.  I was hoping this would be a car that reminds
of the Delta Integrale, but it had less acceleration excitement
than my slightly modified SAAB 900 Turbo.  The dealer told me
to give the WRX its all down a few straights.  With little
or no turbo-lag, it wasn't much different than accelerating
any (heavy) 3.0L powered car (and actually the WRX feels
somewhat like a truck, with the cheesy hood scoop on the top).
Turbo-lag is what makes turbo cars fun afterall.  Nothing
like having the car drag its arse up until 3k.. and then kick
YOU in the arse when the big turbo spools up.

Anyway, N.A. still has to wait a bit longer for a nice fun car
to drive for under $26k. :<  It just goes to show that just by
using all the hip words like AWD and turbo-charged boxer engine,
doesn't mean the car is mind blowing...

Ryan
ps. anyone test drive the VW GTI 1.8 Turbo yet, making 180hp?