Orbital 2 Stroke Engines

>>There is/was also the Orbital three cylinder 'clean' two stroke engine
being
developed in Australia. I know Ford had some Fiestas running this engine on
trial<<

Hi

I think Ford have given up on the car side as they could not get an
acceptable
engine life. However, Aprilia make a direct injection 2 stroke scooter with
parts of the system licensed from Orbital, and there are rumours of a
DI versions of their 125 and 250 sports bikes

On an Alfa note, I hear rumours that early this year (March ish) there will
be a new direct injection 4 stroke engine appearing in the 156 (and
presumably
the 147, etc), putting power up to 170~175hp.

All the best

Keith