WRX as temporary substitute

I couldn't resist posting on this... I just bought a 2002 WRX sedan to hold
me over until Alfa comes back.

I've never driven a new A4, so I can't comment on how boring/fun they are to
drive, but the WRX is definitely strong on the fun factor. Not as much fun
as my Milano... but lets put it this way: it's as close to an Alfa as you
can get for less than $26k and still take it back to the dealership if it
breaks. My only complaint with the WRX is the noise... there isn't enough. I
start to miss the sounds of the Alfa V6 after a while. The fit & finish on
the WRX is better than any Milano or 164 I've ever been in... nothing
rattles, squeaks, or falls off. It's an excellent performer, quick off the
line, handles nicely, stops quickly, and best of all gives constant feedback
to the driver. The WRX is lots more fun to throw around in the twisties than
my 164S was, it feels lighter and has better balance. It's kinda funky
looking... but then again, I'm in love with the Milano, so I can live with
it ;-) Basically I wanted modern safety features and performance in a
package that was just as fun to drive as my Milano, and the WRX fits the
bill perfectly.

My WRX will be definitely be going away when Alfa returns. I agree with
Nizam, I'll take a 156GTA please... in black.

-Chip Mutza
 San Diego, CA
 '89 Milano race project
 '02 Subaru WRX