Checking O2 sensors

This topic has come up recently and I kept my mouth shut because of the
cost of the tools involved.  The best way to view the condition of a O2
sensor is with a graphing volt meter with 15 to 30 sec. of history on the
screen, the switching from lean to rich is very evident.  Tools aren't
cheep.  Fluke makes some nice ones that start over $500.  The one I just
bought for work last week was $3K. Computer based oscilloscopes aren't
lap top friendly so are hard to get into the shop.   I think I just found
a cheep solution if you have access to a Windows laptop. $ 12.95 for a 4
channel ADC and instructions for writhing VB script to display voltage.
I know this won't be for every one but it may put a very useful tool into
some hands.  With a second O2 sensor mounted after the catalyst you can
display both outputs on the screen at the same time and check catalyst
function.

http://www.dataq.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/ednlit/?E+scstore

Chris Hall