97 Twin spark

Hi list,
I'm new to the list so forgive me if I'm missing something but I have a
problem with my 97 spider 2000 twin spark.
The ignition key will no longer activate the code in the immobiliser system to
start the car. The engine will turn but no spark reaches the system because
the security system won't allow it.
Can anyone suggest a way around this other than towing it to my nearest dealer
and having them dis assemble the whole thing for a whole lot of money?

Thanks in advance for your help

Mark Lintott

97 spider
76 2000 spider