Alfa Romeo Abarth 1000 GT Colani

Okay, obscure alfa romeo history time...
Someone (sorry, I forgot who) posted the link to some photos of some of the
cars in 'Collezione Rosso Bianco', and among the Abarths and Alfas of the
first page were some photos of a most interesting looking little beastie,
titled as being an Alfa Romeo Abarth 1000 GT Colani. Okay, what the hell is
it?? Is it the precursor to the Alfa TZs? Whats the deal with the exhausts
exiting the "wrong side"? I remember reading about the Sportiva coupe that
the exhaust had to exit on the right hand side by law, hence the bulge for
the muffler on the left hand side of the car, with the pipe crossing over
and exiting on the right?
I'm guessing early sixties by the nose that copies the 'sharknose' Ferrari
F1.
Thanks

Ben Bishop
'77 GTV 'La Strega Nera'
'77 GTV Shell 'la Strega Nuda'
'66 GTV ex rally car (1750 powered, but needs reshelling, hence)
'66 GTV Bare shell - The GTA rep project...(Its okay, no one one will think
its a real GTA...)