1989 164 problems

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a 1989 5 sp 164.  The V6 is just amazing.  I'm going
from a carburetted 1.5 33 so it's quite a step in power and smoothness.

What I was looking for was help on what to look for on these.

It's done 120000 mls but seems very tidy, no smoke, clean engine.  There is
no history with the car though :-(  The air con works, but need re gassing.

Also, does the 1989 engine use programmed fuel injection or the real thing?
The old engines use rockers don't they?

Thanks in advance.

Nick