Re: Alfa & Fiat future

Hi Jorge, I understood the sense of your replying, but
the thing is a bit different. I can agree whne you say
an imported car has more "image", but itsn't always
so, surely itsn't so in my case.

I use Armani and Valentino, even if are italian
products, as adidas when I need confortable pants and
shirts. I use a swedish cell. phone because I trust in
the Ericsson's quality. Many italians are very
sensitive to all that come from abroad, surely I not.
I could drive a foreign old car, if the only problem
is to buy an "imported" at low cost. But I own an Alfa
Romeo, and my feeling is surely different from the US
and worldwide citizens. Because you can buy an Alfa
because it's imported and it's "a la page", I buy an
Alfa Romeo because it's an italian car where I find
what I need.
I had the possibility to drive recent and foreign
cars, but I didn't choose them simply because I find,
in an old Alfa, what I need.
So, I repeat, I can agree when you say many drivers
buys thinking, before all, to the image given from a
foreign product, but let we think also to the italian
product. When the italian product was (considering the
time) the same or best than the foreign product,
italian cars were well sold in Italy. Actually it
doesn't happen. I think it's so not only for the
"imported mode", but there are other reasons, the same
reasons that make me decide to buy a new BMW instead
than a new Alfa.
I'm sure 80% of italians people are sure the italians
can do the cars better than other, even if the same
80% drive foreign cars. Not only Ferrari has a name,
everyone see some old and rusty Fiat still running
weel, and everyone can judge Fiat a good builder. But
the value for money appears less good if you think to
an Alfa or a Fiat than if you think to a BMW or an
Audi.
This was my feeling: Fiat must start to build cars as
italians can do, not only under Ferrari and Maserati
brands.
To drive a Ferrari here isn't a shame if compared with
a Porsche. To drive a Maserati yes, simply because the
Biturbo was full of problems and, as latins said, fame
is endless.