Re: Alfa & Fiat future

Leonardo, from Italy says
<<snip>If you can or want buy someting more, than you obtain something
different. If I could, I should buy a BMW 3 couph, not
a 156 sedan or a "end of carrer" GTV. When you buy
cars priced 30.000 / 40.000 $ you buy also something
"to talk about" and something that obtain another
result: someone talk about you. <snip>>
***************
I've said it before.  Without having lived in Italy (visited 3 times only),
I think I know these guys at least to some extent, because we argentinians
think and act the same:  We (they) want a car to show, and you cannot show a
car unless it's *imported*, especially from Germany.  It's an image thing.
You may be very nationalistic, but you don't buy a domestic car because you
can afford a Bimmer or an Audi or better.  Unless, of course, it's a Ferrari
or a Lambo or a Pagani.
No offense Leo and Luca, and Sandro.  That's my own personal opinion.
In California, however, we show off with a Segna or Armani suit, Ferragamo
shoes, etc.  You get the picture.
If that worked here, we could buy the Alfas just because they are Italian,
but it's a lot more complex than that...
Back to lurking.
Jorge Mazlumian