Alfa & Fiat future

Hi again, happy new year from a cold Italy to all the
digesters.

May I say my opinion about the "future" for alfa and
fiat's brands?

Actually we're seeing, from Italy - so from inside -
confusion, nothing other than confusion. But,
otherwise, there're no official infos about the actual
situation.

I can only preview some thing, being an observer and
knowing my people and knowing Fiat group.

I'm expectin nothing good, obviously "good" by my
point of view. Actually is necessary not a good
manager, but a cars' lover manager, best a Alfa lover
manager. The actual situation, as I can see, is the
following:
newest Fiat has not the success of the past (not far
parst, simply past) Fiat, simply because actually Fiat
is building certainly good cars, but they pay a too
innovative styling and the "fama" of the past,
including all the "extra serie optionals" policy.
The actual buyer, in Italy (first market for Fiat)
looks to different cars. To buy a car here is actually
more expensive than ever, due to the high cost of
buying and to manteinance. So, people buy thinking a
bit more and, who can, buy cars that seem
conventional, but "a la page" "mode car". This is the
case of the VW Golf. Only the 147 can be opposite to
the GOlf in the same market, surely not the Fiat
Stilo. The old Punto began his life with a lot of
success, the actual Punto doesn't. The Tipo was a
success, the Bravo no and the Stilo seems to be on the
same way of Bravo/a.
About the Alfa Romeo the situation is a bit different.
Alfa is knowing a big increase, but can we affirm this
is a true and safe increase? I suppose no, cause I saw
many used 156 actually in the park of german cars'
sellers. The 156 is a good car, with a good handling,
without the past Alfa's funny, and with a decent
shape. Nothing more. Isn't a well built car, isn't a
"mode car", isn't a prestige car, isn't "something to
talk about" after 2 years from the launch. When an
Alfa and a Fiat comes in the market, the attention is
max. until 2 or 3 months. Then, they are as forgotten.
I compare the "middle size" cars with the so famous
german cars. The Golf is a classic since the '80s. A
realized man who "can", buy a BMW and not the 166 or
the Lancia K. And I suppose the "Thesis" will not
change something. When you buy, you want something. If
you spend less, you obtain less. If you can or want
buy someting more, than you obtain something
different. If I could, I should buy a BMW 3 couph, not
a 156 sedan or a "end of carrer" GTV. When you buy
cars priced 30.000 / 40.000 $ you buy also something
"to talk about" and something that obtain another
result: someone talk about you. Everyone, if you park
a Stilo and a Golf side by side, will say: the Fiat
owner is the "poor brother", and I think it is
correct, Fiat hasn't the imagine of "well built car"
but its fame is "good cars that run always". I can't
accept the same feeling when you put a 147 and a Golf
side by side. This difference is more when you park
side by side the 166 and a BMW 5. Ok, the price is a
bit different, but who change the cars every 2 years
and has a "fidelity" is the BMW 5 owner, surely not
the Hyunday Accent owner, or not?
So, please, let be a bit serious: italians need a car
which can be compared, also in mechanical layout, to
the Mercedes and BMW, not to the Peugeot. The rest of
world will follow the same steps of the italian.
I can't accept the "166 biturbo? No, it shouldn't have
market" when I see many Audi Turbo Quattro on the
road. Everything, I think, is a bit "nazionalista"
(love his country and his country's products): but you
have to offer something. Or not?