re: 73 & 74 spider differences

>O.K., I'm sure I've missed something ... but it's getting late and does
>anyone really care?

>Tim Lentz
>Tampa, FL

for those who like to get picky, I have a 73 spider I am restoring and also
a 74 car I'm using for parts. Everything Tim mentioned is absolutely
correct. One thing I am sure of that wasnt mentioned is that on the 73 car
the emblems on the back are "2000" on the left side over the taillight, and
"Alfa Romeo" script over the right tailight. The 74 car adds the "inezione"
and "2000" over the left tail light.
Also, the location of the "fasten seat belt" warning lamp on the center
console was changed in 74 to add a "exhaust temp" lamp. My 73 has a plain
black shift knob with shift pattern engraved in it, where the 74 had a plain
wooden knob. both have wood steering wheels. Can anyone add anything else?

Keith S.
73 spider (resting)
74 spider parts car (rusting)