'51 & '04 / '05 Spider comparison

Have not a clue if either Autocar's or R & T's artist's concepts are
anywhere accurate as to what GM, Fiat, Alfa (probably in that order)
intend shipping East (USAish) somewhere around the middle of this
decade.

Possibly both artists used similar (fuzzy?) spy photos and this is what
they came up with. Perhaps the Spider's design continues to be a
(logically / hopefully) work in progress.

Should I be a manufacturer re-entering a market (especially after more
than ten years absence), I'd lean heavily on convincing 'the old guard'
(that's us) what I was offering is major big time bitchin'.

Several hundred Spiders zipping around with big smiles on the owner's
faces won't do diddly and directly to whoever pockets the money / bottom
line, but will darn sure convince a whole bunch of other potential
buyers it's either a darn cool caror (perhaps) it's not.

Doubt if 'those in high places' could care less what our opinions are,
but why not express them anyway...just in case they actually have eyes
and ears?

'They' certainly have to pin down the final design soon, if 'they'
haven't already done so.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

http://www.alfacybersite.com/ACS51&04Spiders.html