2 tools you should have (long)

Recently I moved from Seattle to Bellevue. Or more appropriately, I should
say I "started" moving from Seattle to Bellevue. I don't know how one girl
can accumulate so much STUFF.

Anyway, I've mentioned before how useful it is to have a trickle-charger
when you've got a Spider. My Spider has one of those elusive charge-eaters
so if you don't drive her in three weeks, pah! she won't start. Well, last
week we had a series of gloriously sunny (and cold) days here in Seattle
and I thought I'd bring my Spider over to my new house. I wanted to do it
early in the morning when it was still cold, because... well, because I
still haven't repaired my broken water pump &:-] and I also didn't want
any traffic in my way because of that. So I bombed over to the old house
to get the Spider -- a little light-headed with excitement as I crossed a
pristine blue Lake Washington and looking forward to driving the
CONVERTIBLE on the way back -- but when I got there, pah! the Spider
wouldn't start. Cussing that little Olive just a bit, I hooked up the
trickle charger -- not looking forward to an extra two hours being bunged
into my plans. Then I noticed my trickle charger had a "start battery"
mode. So... I let the car charge for 5 minutes, then switched it to
"start" and fired up the engine. Woo Hoo!

End of the story is I drove Olive Oil back to Bellevue, top down, with the
heat on full blast. Back over the bridge, snow-capped Olympic mountains in
the rear-view mirror, snow-capped Cascades in front of us, snow-doused Mt
Rainier to the south, snow-shrouded Glacier Peak and Mt. Baker to the
north. Seagulls were flying, ducks were drifting, the water was perfect
and still, and the sky was a stunning blue... And Olive loved it as much
as I did! I was grinning, the smile kinda frozen on my face, from ear to
ear! We drove fairly gingerly, made it into the garage, and about 20
minutes later she coughed coolant all over the floor. Good little girl!

So if you haven't done it yet, get yourself a Sears trickle charger!! They
are worth their weight in gold. And you don't have to have a second car to
jump-start your engine.

My second tool hint. Recently I heard a joke that made me realize I'd
never tasted Aquavit before. So on a lark, I bought a bottle of Aalborg
(is that a good Danish brand, Henrik?). Then I started to build a couple
of kitchen cabinets I'd bought at our local IKEA. And do you know what?
After the fourth glass of aquavit those cabinets were putting themselves
together. Honestly. One side put itself together and I toasted with a
glass of aquavit. The back put itself on, and we toasted with aquavit. The
drawer looked a bit squirrelly, but after a glass of aquavit, it fit
perfectly. Aquavit straight, aquavit with eggnog, wow that's useful
stuff. Anyway, when my friend Greg comes over to help me install a new
waterpump in the Spider next month, I will make sure we have lots and lots
of aquavit to get us started. That is SURE to make the job finish itself!
&:-)

Happy Holidays!

from Tess
who the heck knows where I am anymore, I can't remember