re: 115 GTV tire recommendations

Dean Mericas asked a question that keeps coming up, and whose answer is
constantly changing:

>I've got ancient 185/70HR-14 Goodyear GTs on my 1974, and I'd like to
>replace them using the same turbina wheels.  There are not many tires
>available in that size.  Pirelli makes the P4000 SuperTouring, and
>Bridgestone and Yokohama also seem to have products in that size..
>Any first hand experience in these or other suitable tires??

My very favorite tire for that car is the Yokohama AVSi in 195/65-14.  It's
an excellent tire that used to be fairly expensive, but has been superseded
by newer products and is being sold off at good prices.  Although it's
wider than the 185/70-14 (now hard to find) that was the standard update
for the original 165R14 (very hard to find), it fits without interference
and the diameter is the same as stock so your speedometer and gear ratios
won't be affected.