various issues tire wear, calendars

> > Actually, I'm convinced that the heavy tire wear on the front
> > tires of the
> > 164 is a result of driving in straight lines for too long as is common in
> > North America. Italian cars are designed for cornering hard, so running
> > straight wears out the tires.
>
> I'm not a 164 guy, but I seem to remember a Fred D tech tip from a while
> back regarding front end alignment to extend tire life on a 164 (and enhance
> performance).  Something to the effect of ignoring the factory toe
> recommendation and setting the toe to zero degrees.
>
> Sorry if this is common knowledge for the 164 owners.

I have done that mod to my alignment, I think there is more to it as the
high speed hnadling is more twitchy than with others using the OEM
settings. The car does wear tires perfectly, even 16" sizes.

I'd trade the tire wear for more confidence inspiring high speed feel.

Calendars:

2002 Alfa  calendars are in and leaving Thursday 27 and 28. If you liked
last year, you'll love this one. Very artsy? Yes...

Happy new year...
AlfaBill
--
      Mastro Motors Inc.
 Alfa Romeo, Subaru, WRX performance parts