re: Spider that up and dies

Douglas Harris wrote, on the 16th, that his SPICA Spider (1977 vintage)
dies after it starts.

I know that someone has answered him in that time, but my tuppence says
to check the fuel filters.  Sitting for long periods of time, I would
suggest strongly looking at them, both of them.

For no extra charge, I would also suggest changing ALL of the vital
fluids in you new (to you) Spider.
  Transmission lube
  Engine oil and filter, of course
  Coolant
  Rear end lube
  Brake fluid, all of it

Peace of mind, and no knowledge of prior service makes these good ideas
for anyone purchasing a used car, no?

Two cents and then some -

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal