Re: Carello's -- was Headlight Buzzer

You guys must have missed my treatise on E-Code headlamps a couple of
months ago.

My importing/distributing company specialized in automotive lighting.

We paid lots of bucks to an automotive lobbyist in Salem Oregon to help
get E-Code headlamps legalized in the Northwest.
Oregon was the first state to legalize them,  followed closely by
Washington, in 1977 or 1978.
They were legalized by adopting the Canadian Standards (CSA) as an
alternative to the SAE standards, arguing that since they found it
perfectly acceptable for E-Code headlamps to be used in Canada as well
as the SAE lamps, it would be fine for their southern neighbors as well.
There are still portions of the relative Washington law (RCW 46.37) and
WSP rules that I remember helping to write back in those days.

Bruce Blair
Seattle WA