Carello's -- was Headlight Buzzer

>Scott Fisher wrote:
>
>Because I live in Oregon, which in many pleasant ways
>seems to be less brain-dead in its automotive
>regulations than many if not most other states in the
>Union, Euro-code headlights appear to be legal here,
>so I don't have to worry about jackbooted thugs
>confiscating my Carello or Hella or Cibie headlamps
>after I get them installed.

I'm not sure non-DOT headlights are legal in our fair state, I think they just
fall into the "not important to enforce" category -- along with the "keep left
except when passing" law, the "only 2 headlights when approaching oncoming
vehicles" (i.e. no fog/driving lights on in the city) law, and the noise
regulations that would force Harley-farts to have mufflers just like the sport
bike riders must-- so we take the good with the bad.  You might get dinged if
you're ever stopped and the officer decides to write up a vehicle inspection,
but that's unlikely to happen unless you combine a bad attitude AND a burned
out light or 3.  I've had Hella's in every round-light car I've ever owned and
nary a problem in 25 years (I've been driving for 25 years? Man I'm old!).

Check out http://www.highwoodalfa.com/ , they list Carello's for LHD cars.
Not sure if they're into export shipping.

Cheers
Tony
74 GTV