Re: Subject: Spider emissions

Eric Storhok wrote to me :

> Before changing, though, do make sure the O2
> sensor is working properly- when  its warm, it should switch
> between .2 and .8 or so Volts.  If its not working  as intended,
> even a new catalyst won't help.

The "when its warm" Eric refers to is at 2000 RPM, is it not?  My understanding is that at idle the sensor is not warm enough.

This leads to the natural question, if the voltage swings .2 to .8, is there a place under the hood to measure the resulting change
in the ECU output?  That would serve to validate the wiring harness to and from the ECU as well as the ECU itself.

Thanks for the help....

Nick
Apex,  NC
'84 Spider - under government scrutiny.