Backwaters and back axles

First of all, how do I tell which part of my rear axle is making noise at
cruising speeds?  I can't afford anything, but would rather pay for axle
bearings than a differential.  More to the point, how can I make the noise
BE a rear axle bearing?

What's a used kidney going for on eBay?

Now, to payback:

>One of the drawbacks of living in backwater towns (like Portland) is that
the Pony Express has to go to all the frontwater towns first.  8^)

>Hey, maybe I'm a VIP and just didn't know it.
>
>Gordy Hyde
>on the edge of Seattle

From the edge of the swamp comes a snide
And derisive comment---at low tide?
When the PIR Slut
Carves the apexes rut
Look quick, and you'll see Gordy Hyde

Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:47:53 -0800 (PST)
From: Tessie McMillan <tessmc@domain.elided>
Subject: re: Early Owners

Nope - Gordy you're not a VIP, you're an RIP! (after I kill you for the
party invitation).

When Tess fin'ly lets Gordy go,
And he totters away moving slow,
Sorting out in his head
If he's living or dead,
RIP, PIR: watch for Joe!

Folks, this is what worrying about your differential and 30+ straight days
of rain does to the normally-just-slightly-crazy.