Emmission Woes

The Culprit: 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider
The Problem: Failed emissions
Tested last month after replacing air filter, oil, etc...
Tested this morning after a vigorous warming up period.

The Results:
                    Standard    First test        This test
HC                220            447                303
CO                1.20            .47                .53
CO2                ---                14.1            14.1
RPM                ---                753            854

Any suggestions from the brethren?
O2 sensor is one year old.  CAT is unknown.
No modifications, all stock as best as I can tell.
This is my third year for inspection on this car and the first time it failed....

I appreciate any help I can get......

Nick
Apex, NC
'84 Spider -running well but unable to convince the Government.