Re: FAZA

Yes, Al may come across a little strange.  He's absolutely paranoid about
the people in the past who have done him wrong (some, perhaps, in
retaliation).   He's kind of a recluse I guess, but he HAS THE PARTS, so
find a way around all that and get the parts.

I've heard lot's of folks (Fiat-Abarth) complain and damn him, even 2 or 3
of my friends.  But as to actual experience, much is 3rd hand experience.
So, don't get him wound up.

After I visited him (I wanted to personally check out those SS headers
before buying, so I flew 2500 miles to do it) and came back home I called
him to see if he had any trick parts for my X1/9.  He said he had a racing
cylinder head (used), prepared in Italy, big valves, etc., for $1000.  So I
ordered the head over the phone, along with two exhaust systems, and sent
him a money order for $1800.

He called me about a week later, and said he was wrong, that he must have
already sold the head, and would refund my money.  Well, 2 or 3 weeks passed
(the two exhaust systems arrived in the meantime) and still no refund, so I
phoned him (and was polite about it), and he replied that he had been busy,
or had forgotten, etc.

Four days later in the mail I received back MY ORIGINAL MONEY ORDER FOR
$1800.!  I called Al, and said "you sure are trusting, that's no way to make
money! etc."
He replied that he expected I would send him another M.O. for the lesser
amount!

So, to sum up this looong message, I don't think the guy's is dishonest,and
I KNOW he has the stuff.  If you deal with him fair and square, and perhaps
ignore his idiosyncratic ways, you'll be more than pleased with the parts.

Mr. Goose