Rusty gas tank

I agree with all of those who recommend removing the gas tank and having
it professionally cleaned and then coated inside.

However, having learned the hard way, I strongly recommend you don't
take Russ Neely's suggestion regarding the kerosene and length of chain
and swish it all around inside.

In theory it's a good idea, but if the inner walls are rusty, chances
are the steel vent tube is also. A rusty vent tube does not like a heavy
chain swishing back and forth and all around.

Trust me...

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA