re: 164S symptoms of timing belt off by a cog

I'm with Jerry on this. My 164L is experiencing something similar. I had my
t-belt done 10k miles ago and just recently had a clutch job. When I drove
it out of the shop it ran like a dream. But that evening, it started to idle
really weird. My alternator reading seemed to fluctuate with the idle. At
3000 RPM and above the idle sort of goes away. My engine also vibrates like
crazy under 3000 RPM at any speed. This is felt through the steering wheel.
The 164L has lost a lot of power recently. Plus I get a crackle sound from
my exhaust when I gas it. I was thinking bad gas since I just started to
experience this. I was told I had a bad injector when it was getting the
clutch and I put a screwdriver to the injectors and felt the injectors
pumping(or was it the engine shaking?) I've checked for vacuum leaks around
my air flow plenum and couldn't find a thing. The thermostat sensor was
removed and reconnected, to no avail. The T-belt feels really tight and has
no slack. Is it still possible that my t-belt still jumped a tooth?
Thanks,
Danny
91 164L
Dallas, Texas