RE: Rusty gas tank

Brock-
I initially etched and sealed the tank in my 72 GTV myself. I missed the
second day at Lime Rock this past year because so much of the coating had
pealed off that the outlet pipe from the tank was almost completely clogged.
I solved the problem by removing and sending the tank to Gas Tank Renu.
They coat the tank, inside & out, with something very hard and hopefully
durable. The coating is fairly thick and kinda sloppy looking (probably not
concours correct) and they didn't mask the various holes in the tank really
well, but it looks as if the metal could almost completely disappear without
affecting the performance of the tank.

I would recommend that you save yourself some time and possible recurrent
pain, and remove the tank and have it professionally redone. I'm very glad I
did.

Rich M
72 GTV