GTV6 Headlights outa control!

Last year, with Father Fred's assistance, I rewired my headlamps and added two relays
since I was upgrading to Hella H4s.

Last week, after a short trip to town and back, I found my low beam headlights were on.
But they weren't turned on at the stalk! I figured it was due to a possible short
created by the driving in the slush I'd been doin' the past couple of days.

I gained access to the relays and found that when one of the hot wires was jiggle the
lights would dim and go off. I removed the connector from the relay and wrapped it in
electrical tape. This solve the problem, or so I thought.

But today they did it again! :-(

I once again accessed the relays, but I couldn't find a problem. I unplugged one of the
low beam headlamps and the other one went out! I think this is an important clue. Each
lamp should work even if the other one isn't hooked up, right?

I pulled all the headlamps and checked the connections. Everything looked good. I
noticed one of the high beam bulbs appeared to be in the lamp crooked. I removed it and
re-inserted it. Now it appears to be seated properly (this may have nothin' to do with
the problem).

When I reconnected all the headlamps the low beams would not come on from the stalk. If
I turned on the high beams all four headlamps were illuminated (like they should be),
but when I switched them back to low beam NADA! :-(

I one again disconnected and reconnected the wires on the relays. It took several
tries, but finally the low beams came on! I buttoned everything back up and tested the
lights. I had low beams; switched to high beams and everything was workin'; switched
back to low beams, NADA!! :-(

Have I got a bum relay? I guess I could go back in and switch the low and high beams to
the opposite relay and see what happens. But if I do that I could end up with all the
lamps comin' on unexpectedly and I don't want that to happen.

As luck would have it, Father Fred is out partying until Thursday. Any of you real
mechanics or electronic experts have any ideas. I sure hope it isn't the stalk switch.
It seems to be workin' like it should.

'nardo
83 GTV6 - Outa control in Alpine, TX (w/386k ticks on the clock)