RE: Trunklid srings

I don't know if their is a factory tool but....

Recalling back to my 914 days Porsche had a tool for working on the torsion
springs for the engine and trunk lids.  It was expensive and not generally
available so I made one from the pic. in the Hayes manual.

Basically is was a thick piece of bar stock about 2 feet long with a slight
(+/- 20 degree) bend at the at one end.  The bend had a notch slightly bigger
then the diameter of the spring.  By placing the spring in the notch you can
use the tool like a cheater bar to manipulate the spring.  I'm sure with a
little experimentation you could make one to work for the alfa.

WARNING:  It's scary stuff manipulating that spring under tension.

Mitch Fisher
'74 spider
Dublin, CA