6 ins spider and il miracolo

In a message dated 11/28/2001 12:45:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Potentially inane question but here goes.  Anyone ever seen a 2.5L
> GTV6/Milano motor installed in a Spider?  What are the limiting factors?
> Underhood space?  Bellhousing adapter?  Front crossmember in the way?

!) Someone (a gent whose name I have conveniently forgotten) brought a spider
stuffed w/ a 6 to our AROSC Concours at the San Antonio Winery last time.  A
neat job.  Of course, everyone wanted the details and the tribulations, but
the thing I recall was the owner/builder said it was actually quite "easy" (<
highly subjective opinion) and required relatively little structural
adjustments.  Also, that the 6 is only about 50 lbs./22.7kg heavier than the
2L he took out.  The result was a monster, very neatly done.  Moral: easy is
as easy does, but it IS possible given enough time, skill, money, and
fanaticism.

2) Just picked up the auto 91 spider from the body shop (AGAIN) after it was
rear-ended a second time in 3 weeks.  It has been basking at this "spa" for
close to a month, given the holiday, finding parts, and what not.  Glad to
have it back and, a miracle!  Somehow, the tach has been resurrected.
Previously, it barely registered and was clearly not indicating anything like
the engine's speed but only whether it was running or not.  With the auto
tranny I didn't think it made much difference, but still... I guess the
impact by the &%#$@#$ who drove into the rear end with my BW at the wheel
(dressed, no less, as a leopard in furry ears and slinky tights) dislodged
whatever was stuck in the sender (?) and presto aggitato, she's a-work!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA