Milano brakes

OK, I've now become a blood brother with my Milano -- having replaced
the brake master cylinder over the long weekend.  Even after using a
pressure bleeder, the pedal is somewhat soft with a long travel compared
to my Spider, which admittedly does have SS brake lines.  I spoke with
Hans about what to do and I'll summarize his take on it:

Rear brakes on the transaxle cars are a royal pain to bleed and get the
air out. Hans' observation is that many times the rear flexible line to
the brakes starts to swell inside and acts somewhat like a restriction
and prevents the air from moving down the line.  His recommendation is
that if all the usual tricks fail, replace the flexible line.  The
restriction also impedes rear brake performance, which doesn't exactly
help the situation.  SS lines would help as well.

I've contacted AlfaStop to see if SS lines are available for the Milano.
The ones they have for the 105 cars (and maybe the 115 cars) are TUV
approved for those who are worried about DOT issues.

P.S.  Does anybody know if SS lines are available for the clutch on the
transaxle cars?

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider