Re: Alfetta engine sizes

John Fielding wrote:
<snip>
The 1800cc motor was designated as 016.78 and was in fact a swept volume of
1779cc with a bore and stroke of 80mm x 88.5mm.  CR was 9.5:

<more snip>

I was just beginning to come to grips with the fact that my GT 1600 Junior M
was equipped with an Alfetta 1.8 powerplant and then John Fielding comes
along and ruins the whole thing.

I checked the engine # yesterday and it begins with AR 01608. Supposedly
this refers to the engine type and consequently it's not an Alfetta 1.8.

Anyone know where a 016.08 type engine of 1179cc capacity with a spin-on
oilfilter would be mounted (other than in my car)?
Regards

Jacob Haagerup,
Rotterdam, Nederland
'75 GT 1600 Junior M (soon engineless before the respray in spring)