Re: A/C in a 1974 GTV?

In AD8-0247 Russ Neely mentions that "David Simmons claims there was no
factory air option on the 74 GTV.  He bought one new, so he should know."

 The air conditioning system in my Eurospec '73 GT Veloce looks awfully
factory-installed, right down to the 'aria condizionata' decal inside the rear
window, but it might not be. On the other hand, the amount of disassembly that
would be required to dealer-install or port-install an ac system would be
truly formidable. On the third hand, later cars offer some clues; for example
the A/C compressor clutch used on the Alfetta has a 10512 part number
(10512.10018.00), which says that the first application was on the (Euro) 2000
Berlina.

 Russ is certainly correct that the GT Veloce was limited by its pre-A/C basic
design, and that the low-mounted rotary compressor used on late ('79 only, I
believe) Sport Sedans is much more desirable than the high-mounted piston
compressor of the earlier cars. I'm not sure that there is room in a 105/115;
it would be tight. Either a Bosch engine or a Weber engine, with the
compressor mounted low on the right, could be an option. And I would seriously
consider painting it biancospino, and using moderately reflective window
tints. Anything to hold down the heat-gain.

 Cheers

 John H.