Re: alfa-digest V8 #236 - Brake upgrades

Zamani:
you said:
<<Anyway I think an upgrade is still a must. 8-)
I was thinking of the following brake upgrade (thanks Greg Armstrong
for the suggestion!):
Supra 7MGE 3.0 rotors ('86-'93) <snip>>>
Having the same brake pads (porterfields R) in both cars, and taking into
account the big weight difference, I notice that my 74 GTV has about 4 times
more braking power than my non-ABS 89 Milano Verde.  Same fluid, etc.  Even
when really cold, the GTV race pads don't have to *wait* to get warm to stop
the car on the street.  Even more difference at the track.
My opinion: the master cylinder/booster unit.  May be you should take a look
in that direction as well.  No use in having 5 piston calipers, 45 cm disks,
and no fluid pressure.
My one cent
Jorge
89 Milano non ABS