Inline-6 vs. V-6

Are there any inherent torque and power differences between an inline 6 and a V-6? (given equal displacement and bore/stroke)

The reason I ask is that I came across a statement somewhere on the Net saying that an inline 6 has more low-end torque, but a V-6 revs more easily.

I suspect that the author could be confused by the fact that inline sixes tend to be built with a longer stroke and a smaller bore (to decrease the length of the unit and especially the crankshaft), which would promote low-end torque but make the engine less willing to rev. This would be a manifestation of the bore/stroke proportion, not the configuration.

On the other hand, there could be something else about the Vee configuration that favored high revs.

What gives?
Sonny 1991 164S Baltimore