D' Virus done it: minimal AC

Folks,
Once upon a time, after 3 weeks in Mindinao jungles when I was a
swashbuckling photojournalist, I watched a disemboweled back pack come out
the airline conveyer in Manila.  I thought, "Wonder what poor s.o.b. has his
filthy underwear scattered for the world to see," and recognised it as mine.

Seeing all those blank messages from my PC on the digest yesterday was much
the same.

I answer AROO website e-mail and get hit with viruses and Trojans with
depressing frequency.  My antivirus software is updated twice a day, it
scans the computer after each update.  I NEVER open suspicious attachments.
But somehow, in the last 2 weeks I've been hit thrice; Sircam A (HOW??  That
one's as easy to recognise as the drunk stranger at Thanksgiving dinner!)
Trojan DOS32.HaXoR and whatever that malicious little bug was yesterday.

Neither Norton, nor MacAfee, nor Central Command AntiViral Professional
programs found it, in deep heuristic scans.  NOD32 finally dug it out and
stepped on it.  I fervently hope it was exterminated.

I apologise for the empty posts.  Obviously, I had no idea they were
originating in this machine.  But all you are obviously on the net, and it
wouldn't hurt to increase your paranoia a little.  It's only paranoia if it
is an unreasonable fear.  This ain't.

Alfa content:  If I could get the pin headed dweebs in my sights who
originate this wanton vandalism and sabotage, I'd have to redo the nose of
the Spider again.  Yum.

Cheers,
Joe