Re: hardtop hardware for '86 spider

Be careful if you decide to pull the weather strip loose.  It does
not glue on.  Instead, the entire length runs inside a channel that
holds it in place along the sides and front of the hardtop.  If you
pull it out of the channel at any point, you'll likely have to undo
it all the way to one end of the channel and reinstall it along the
entire length.  It is not fun - I replaced the whole seal recently.
Maybe there are some special tools that body shops use to work with
this stuff.  All I can say is that my hands and various small
screwdrivers and pointy/flat things were not the best tools for the
job.

If someone comes up with a good solution for sealing the windows,
please post it to the digest!

--

  -Robert Abatecola
   1985 GTV6