RE: hardtop hardware for '86 spider

I just put the hardtop on my '86.  The rear hooks did go on the opposite of
the picture -- because then the hook parts in the back of the hardtop fit
the curve of the hardtop.

My J hooks only go on by loosening the two bolts holding the bracket to the
hardtop so it will twist out at the bottom and the hook can go in.

Now my only problem is that the passenger window doesn't touch the
weather-strip at the back.  But it does at the front, so I don't think
changing the angle of the window will help.  I think I have to break the
weather-stripping loose and re-glue it so it seals.

John Dohrmann
'86 spider Quad.