carb conversion parts list

In V8 #234 Dana Loomis introduces his quite complete and accurate list
of parts required with, "Without commentary about the merits of
converting from SPICA injection to
carburetors, this a list of the parts that would be needed for a
conversion that would look and work like an original carbureted car."

********
Should looks not be a primary consideration, although the following
variation from Dana's list is pretty subtle: Assuming it is still
available, Alfa Ricambi (Shankle) offers a conversion kit so you don't
need to change pedal, etc. assembly. It is Part No. AL4337 for Webers. A
tad expensive and quite unimpressive looking. That said, it has worked
like a champ on my car for the past four or five years. No throttle rods
are required. It's a rather ingenious conversion.

Somewhat less shy about giving, what I consider to be the merits of
Webers over Spicas, I'll simply say if one wants a smooth (assuming all
of the other mechanical ducks are in line) running engine, you change
the belt and filter regularly along with other required maintenance
which Spicas demand, then stick with the Spica (or better yet, a rebuilt
one). Also, Spicas are somewhat more liable to pass smog.

Webers: Should you have this silly notion that the car was originally
designed to run on carbs [as the (Italian) godsalthough, not the
DMVintended], Absolutely Love their looks along with the Considerably
less obtrusive original type air cleaner you can now use (flip two
levers and the air cleaner lifts off), are willing to put up with a
somewhat less even idle, then consider...

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA