Re: Milano with frozen nuts

> So I have soaked the screws with PB Blaster (pen.oil) and will seek the
> wisdom of the board. Does anyone have a clever way to get these guys out?
>
> Funny thing about my Milano: it is actually a very reliable car, but when
> things need to be replaced it is always somthing that is a bitch to remove
> (last project: clutch master cylinder!).

I feel your pain.  As an owner of a Verde that lived much of it's life
in VT, I am fighting an on going battle against frozen nuts and bolts.

You need a torch.   A simple propane one should do, although I tend to
use my OA rig cause it's handy.   Heat the nut/bolt whatever until it's
nice and hot...   Not enough to change color or anything, just hot
enough to really burn you if you touch it.   THEN spray on the PB
Blaster.   Keep your nose clear of the fumes.   Once it's cooled down a
bit, put the wrench back on it.   Most of the time this should do the
trick.   Repeat as necessary...

When you reasseble the drive shaft assembly, make sure to use Locktite
or similar product.   I know from experience that they can vibrate
loose...   I thought I was nursing a bad guibo, coming home from a
wedding, when at 50mph I spit the rear brake rotor out the back of my
car.   The bolts holding the flange to the transaxle had vibrated
themselves loose.

I've got in the habit of chasing the threads on all bolts/nuts I remove,
and reassembling using either Locktite or Anti-Sieze as seems appropriate.

	--Mark