re: 164 trunk contents

Obie,
	You're missing at least your tool kit.  The lug wrench (I
think) should be a part of this kit, not loose.  This kit
was in a clam-shell foam piece made to fit inside the spare
tire.  A rubber strap with hooks on each end clipped it to
the spare to keep it from rattling.  Aside from the lug
wrench, the most useful tool in the kit is the spark plug
wrench, which is very convenient for working on a 164.  You
need the u-joint to get at the back plugs, and only a thin
wall socket works.
	Another rubber strap with hooks goes around the jack to
keep it from rattling (I also wrap mine in a rag).
	This is all I got with my 164, but I'm not the first owner,
so there may be other things I don't know of.
	I think the big hooks at the front of the trunk (two at the
rear as well) are just for tying down loads.  I keep a
bungee cord stretched between mine to strap down grocery
bags and the like.

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'91 164 L