Re: glycol effects, was: to tap or distill?

To Pet Loving Digesti,

	My Vet tells me the the toxic effect of ethlyene glycol in dogs and cats
is that it crystallizes in their kidneys.  This is obviously fatal.  I think
(but I'm not sure) there is some medication the vet or emergency clinic can give
if you catch it quick enough in your pet (similar to the situation with snail
bait).  There are some pet-safe antifreeze products (not sure what they are
based on) as well as pet-safe snail bait (iron phosphate based).
	Clearly, never leave open containers of anti-freeze around for pets or
kids to drink.  Recycle old antifreeze in sealed containers!  Please!

Ciao,
Charlie