Oil Filter replacement on SPIDER?

Hello all,
 Changing oil on my 91 Spider Veloce for the first time after acquiring the car 2 months ago, I noticed the filter that I bought FRAM PH6 (specified for Spider Veloce) is much bigger than the old one that was in there. The old filter is so small that I could remove it from the bottom of the car, but the new one (FRAM) is so big that I had to remove the air filter to install it from the engine bay.
 Is the oil filter for Spider Veloce that big? or I got the wrong one? Any how, with the bigger oil filter, I noticed the oil pressure is a tad lower than the small old one?
 Which one is better? Small or Big?
 **** Oil Plug:
 I bought an oil plug (magnetic) from IAP, it's so much different from the original, the socket size is so big >24mm which I don't have the socket for and the plug itself is much taller than the original one. I didn't use it. Did any one use this replacement plug before and what size is the socket? I thought I just threw away $8 with shipping.

Thanks,

Louis
91 Spider Veloce,
Sunnyvale, CA