Re: Seat belt source

Hi Dana:

Hurtienne's catalog shows Alfa-OEM 3-point belts.  They have them for both
coupes and Spiders.

Start
at
https://diamant.safe-order.de/alfahurtienne/htdocs/english/katalog_start.htm

Scroll down to the 'Parts' section, then select 'Safety Belt Set'.  I've
got a set of OEM 3-point belts from an '86 Spider in my '74.  The main
difficulty was finding a location in the rear to mount the retractor
reels.  The rear deck metal on the early Spiders is almost paper-thin, so I
mounted the reels to the inside of the wheel wells, using grade-9 bolts and
large washers, where the metal is heavier and two layers thick.  I also
have a set of '87 Quad seats, which have the shoulder belt guides, but I'm
told the belt guides can be fitted to older seats, too.  Of course, if
you're doing the job in a coupe, it's much simpler, or so I've also been
told.

Regards,

Dean W. Cains
dwc@domain.elided