Re: Rear ends of 164

I gots to disagree. I have a '91L, an '84 GTV-6 with modified
suspension, and a'74 Spider also with modified suspension.

I drive them all on the road, and the GTV-6 and Spider on the track. I
find the 164 extremely unforgiving when traction becomes slippery--on a
slightly wet road, I fishtailed, spun, and rolled- totalled the car. On
a road with some gravel on it, when the traction got slippery, I was
unable to prevent a 180 degree spin. Luckily, there was no traffic
around, pulled a U and went on my way.

The point is not that I drive too fast (I do), it is that an
experienced driver on two occasions has not been able to prevent a spin
once traction was lost. I can guarantee that neither of other two cars
would have spun. Slid yes, but controllably.

=====
Best Regards,

Alan Lambert
Find a job, post your resume.