[no subject]

Hello all,

I was just offered a Oct/99 156 TS today.

Looks ok except for two things:

1.      When running, I removed the oil filler cap.  There was no change
	in engine rpm.  Strange.

	IIRC, opening the cap allows in unmetered air and should cause a drop
	in rpm (verified this on my 164 TS).

	No drop in rpm indicates an existing air leak.  Yes/no?

	If yes, my guess is that this is along the intake upto the manifold,
	and should not be too expensive to fix.  Correct me if i'm wrong.

2.	Just wondering if it was rear-ended.  The spare compartment looks
	unscathed.  The rear suspension looks used (not suspiciously new),
	but the boot lid paint looks uneven when viewed from different
	angles (reflection of light?)

	Comments?

Otherwise, the car seems generally ok.

All comments welcome, including anecdotes on reliability and quirks.

Plse cc my email address (leongccl@domain.elided) as I'm on the digest.
Thanks.

Lawrence