Re: alfa-digest V8 #215 - Milano ignition key will not turn!

       My Milano did that years ago.  Stranded me miles from home.  I had to
replace the ignition switch.  Even after I got the switch out and working, I
did not want to trust it.
       Also for locks, powdered graphite is better than oil based lubricants.
       Remove the plastic surrounding the steering column.  The round headed
bolt on top must be unscrewed.  Use a sharp punch off center, or grind a
screw slot with a Dremel tool.  When you replace the switch, DO NOT use the
break off bolt that comes with the replacement.  Use an Allen head bolt so
you can undo it the next time.
       Luckily, on the Milano the round headed bolt is on top of the switch.
On the spider, it is toward the firewall and you have to work with your head
down in the foot well.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City