Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:32:43 -0800 (PST)
From: Charles Slayman <Charles.Slayman@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Spax shocks via classicgarage

Darren,
        Alfa Ricambi and Shankle used to carry Spax along with Koni.  I
have
never used them but have the Koni Yellows on my Spider now.  Koni's are
great
quality, as I believe Spax are also (otherwise, Alfa Ricambi and Shankle

wouldn't have carried them).
        However, Koni's can only be adjusted by removing an twisting.
This is
not a good design for tuning.  You soon tire of this process before you
can get
to the optimum setup.  Spax, on the other hand, can be adjusted on the
car with
a screwdriver.  For this reason alone, I think the Spax are a superior
choice if
you plan to tune your suspension.  That's why Alfa Ricambi and Shankle
carried
them.  But I don't think they sold well because of name brand
recognition.
        I noticed classicgarage.com only carries them for the Alfetta.
If I
could find them for the Spider, I think I would consider replacing my
Koni's and
give them a try.

Cheers,
Charlie