flywheel position

'Project Alfa' was on hold for awhile as I was waiting for the "economic
boom" to catch up to me (I'm an airline mechanic). Well it doesn't look like
the "boom" is ever going to get to me and the poor old Alfetta only has a
few more months of life left in her so I'm putting 'Project Alfa' back
together due to the need of having a car to get to work with.

Anyway - enough whining. I had the engine balanced before I put it together
and all the marks are there for the flywheel and pressure plate but I can't
remember how to align the flywheel with the crank. There's a big "O" stamped
on the flywheel. Does this line up with #1 TDC or something like that?

this is a 1972 2 liter

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6