Re: Scooters

Dan,

Without wanting to get into a 911/GTV6 style debate, your stock 80s
Lambretta will ride much better than most Vespas. They simply handle much
better and tend to be well braked. My sister rides an old Lambretta, and
this is heaps of fun - tyres are key.

Having said that, I did a '72 Vespa 150 and it was alot of fun. If you go
for a Vespa, get a 150 Super or a 60s one - the earlier ones are much more
pleasant to look at, and the 150 Super can be easily warmed up. Try to get
a Vespa that has Italian accessories - there is alot of junk parts out
there from Malaysia and other places. There is a good picture book on
Vespas (The Colour Vespa Family Album [Veloce Publishing PLC]) and a
Haynes manual which is handy.

//dean